Monday, April 2, 2012

April Fool's Day, Wherein I Learned How to Use a Shop Vac

April 1 was offload-the-junque-off-the-uhaul-truck day. I was blessed to have friends and family to help me unload all my schtuff from Sacramento into the new house's garage. So we got some pix of that.

Wonderful sister who made deer meat chili for the workers' lunch


I drove the truck all the way from Sacramento on Friday night.  That was a lot of fun.  Actually, the trucks aren't that bad to drive.


Mom and Me


Wonderful brother in law

Oh yes, did I mention "shop vac"?  This is me getting tacks, nails and debris off the floor with ye olde Shop Vac.  These things are pretty cool.  You can scoop up just about anything.

Face Mask Couture
The carpet padding that had fused with the plywood and staples due to dog urine was pretty challenging to remove.  Treated the urine areas with Fabuloso and water.  I'm not really sure that's going to cut it.  Bought some Kilz today and might try that tomorrow and see if it blocks out the smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment